Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hurray! Inches lost!

Okay, quick post. I have been a little disappointed with the weight loss. I've been working out regularly (good job) but not counting my points regularly (not so good job). In my mind, I've been keeping a "general tally" of points for the day, but as we all know, that number is grossly underestimated.

So today after Body Combat, I went by the trainers section and asked for my numbers from when I started working out--weight and measurements. So, I've lost 4.2 lbs and 13.9 inches. I wish the pounds lost was a higher number, but I'm happy with the inches lost. I've lost 7.3 inches off my waist alone and another inch off my hips. My pannus is what makes my hip measurement so big--not really the hips (you know, that lower belly that just hangs there--I wish I could just slice it off).

I also lost a little off my chest and I'm wondering if that number is slightly skewed because I'm wearing a sports bra instead of the regular bra I was wearing originally. Could be, but whatever.

So maybe people aren't BS-ing me when they tell me I look like I've lost weight. Weight in lbs ain't nuthin but a number, right? So the plan is to continue to work out and keep trying to do right. And no excuses. But it ain't easy. I have lots of stress in my life. My son is moving next week to go and live with his dad. My brother just finished radiation therapy and is about to start chemo soon. My mother-in-law just had brain surgery and is in a rehab hospital now. I work two jobs and all kinds of stress come with that. There are days the comfort food (let's just call her Delishus) just whispers my name. Other days she chants it--over and over--annoyingly. And other days, she's slick about it, just gets into my head and tries to manipulate me...just a bite...just a taste...you know you want it...you can work it off later. I can be so easily manipulated at times.

So, wish me luck. Time to go have lunch. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a lot on your plate (no pun intended ;) ). Seriously, you have a lot of stress going on. All I can say is that falling off the diet wagon, will only add stress. If you can try to stay on plan, it is one less thning you can worry about at the end of the day!

    Delishus is a devious little thing! Good luck out smarting her this week! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't always make good choices with food, and me and Delish go WAY back. But I've made a new friend at Body Combat. She's a sweaty girl who is almost always out of breath, but Lord, I always feel good when she's around. Her name is Endorphina...Fina for short. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratualtions on the inches lost. Thats amazing!

    I have the same lower tummy problem area. My hip-to-waist ratio is terrible! But we're getting there; you've got the measurements to prove it.

    ReplyDelete