Saturday, July 11, 2009

Do YOU want to change your body!!!

That's what Becky shouts at the class every once in a while. Probably, the letters should be in all CAPS. Because it's more like "DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR BODY!?" And whenever she shouts that at the class (with her microphone, mind you), I am always yelling back "YES!!!". Well, truthfully...I'm yelling it inside my head because I'm usually winded. Because Body Combat kicks my ass. And I love it.

When I first started, I had the hardest time doing a pushup. A simple pushup. My arms would shake. But slowly, I got stronger and then I could do one. Then I could do 5. Now I can do the full 8 count. I still do girlie pushups (aka, on my knees) BUT I CAN DO PUSHUPS.
With all the extra weight I'm carrying around on my body, it's hard to get down like that and do pushups.

So yeah, I wanna change my body. I don't want to just lose the weight--I want to be more fit/healthy. I don't want to have increased health risks because of being obese. Don't get me wrong, I want to lose weight too. I want to be able to go into the "regular" stores and buy a cute outfit that isn't plus sized.

So I am going to continue working out at least 5 days/week. I am going to watch what I eat--count my points. I'm going to do what I know I need to do. Because I do want to change my body. And in doing so, change my life. My life Under Construction.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm so honored to have inspired you to start this. That makes me all tingly inside.
    I totally agree with everything. I'd never have thought that I could push myself so hard and sweat like I do in Every Combat class. The pleasures of knowing you are doing good things for yourself is awesome.

    Keep it up. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete